Saturday, June 9, 2007

Genesis c.8 & 9

8:12 He (Noah) waited seven more days and sent the dove out again, but this time it did not return to him.

When the dove did not return Noah knew that the earth had dried up.

Sometime we send something out but we complain when what we sent didn’t return.

9:13 I have set my rainbows in the clouds…

I remember when I was in grade school, me and my neighborhood friends went to Cubao, Quezon City. Cubao then was considered as the mall capitol because there were many malls there. This was before the time of megamalls and supermalls. I am not a city person then and even now, so going to the city frightened me because my sense of direction is not that good. My friends and I watched a movie about burgers in one of the old cinema in Cubao. Then we went home, not much to do during those days. I can’t remember if we ate or didn’t but one thing I remember was the joy of seeing a jeepney with a signboard “Taytay”. At last I can go home, I said to myself.

I hate cities and I still do. I worked at Makati City as a copier operator for a decade and I hated the buildings, the heat, the traffic, the noise, everything, I hate everything about cities.

Anyway, rainbows and signboards of jeepneys or fx taxis…the connection? I don’t know, except maybe the feeling of safety, of not being lost, of finding home.

No comments: