Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Genesis c. 13

v. 8-9 So Abram said to Lot, “Let’s not have any quarrelling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers. Is not the land before you? Let’s part company. If you go to the left, I’ll go to the right; if you go to the right, I’ll go left.”

This is a good solution to people who can’t agree, separate in good will.

I remember a pastor telling a story about mega churches (I don’t know if the story is true but the important thing is the point of the story). One of the megachurch pastors told his members, “We are getting crowded here! Why don’t some of you leave this church and start a new church.” Imagine if this is done.

v. 18 So Abram moved his tents and went to live near the great trees of Mamre at Hebron, where he built an altar to the Lord.

It’s a good practice, building an altar. Maybe the altar that Abram built are stones piled together. The building material is not important; what is important is that Abram built a memorial to remind him of God’s goodness to him.

I have a lot of altars to build for God has been and continue to be good to me and my family.

No comments: