Sunday, June 24, 2007

Genesis c. 24

v. 7 The LORD, the God of heaven, brought me from the home of my father and from the land of my relatives, and he solemnly promised me that he would give this land to my descendants. He will send his angel before you, so that you can get a wife there for my son.

This is the story of how Isaac and Rebekah met and got married.

What is the story all about?

This is the story of Isaac and Rebekah but this is also the story of a faithful and prayerful servant.

The servant’s task is not easy; Abraham is asking him to find a wife for Isaac. He must really trust his servant because it is usually the fathers that do this task yet he gave the trust to his lowly servant. The servant proved that Abraham is right in his decision for he was not only a good servant but he was also believer in God, a worshipper of the LORD—a witness to the goodness of the Lord to his master. “I am Abraham’s servant and the Lord has blessed my master…”

The servant’s prayer is a prayer of good servant with a good master: “And he said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and show kindness unto my master Abraham.”

Gob blessed Abraham because God gave Abraham a good servant.

Good friends and co-workers are blessings from God.

No comments: