Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Genesis c.5

v.24, Enoch walked with God.

What is walking with God?

I am a walker. I love walking. One of the joys of walking is that it makes you reflect. One afternoon, I was walking with my wife; I caught a glimpse of her giving me a quizzical look. I smiled and asked why she was looking at me that way. And she said, “What’s that you’re whispering?” I said, “What whispering?” “You’re whispering something.” She laughed at me. I didn’t notice it, but while we were walking and while I’m thinking, I was thinking aloud. “The bzzzz….bzzzzzz…bzzzz….of…..bzzzz….” My wife must be thinking that I missed my lunch or something.

Walking with God is like, maybe, just maybe, like walking with my wife--walking with someone who knows me and loves me.

Of course walking with God means godliness, but why not be literal sometimes and just walk with God and talk and talk and have a lot of conversations with God while walking and thinking of all the good things you received and the challenges you’ve encountered and all the questions you want answered...

Walking alone, I imagine God looking at me, smiling and saying, “What’s that you’re whispering George?”

No comments: