Monday, August 20, 2007

Leviticus 20


Lev 20:26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Chapter 20 is full of “Do not.” It must be very difficult living in that age where there’s so much rules. One of my students at Sunday school commented that it’s so difficult being a Christian. He’s right because as a Christian, a born again at that, there’s so much pressure to be Christ like that it can drive one crazy. You’re not supposed to do this because you’re a born again; you’re not supposed to be like that, to speak like that, to dress like that, etc. I don’t know. All I said is that if you think and live your life as simply as possible, without thinking about the don’ts and start more with the do’s of living the life of a decent, hardworking and law abiding citizen (sometimes being a Christian is as simple as that) maybe he can lighten his burden.

He’s right it’s difficult being a born again Christian. But after reading this chapter of Leviticus and trying to imagine living under the law and not under grace…I mean...We’re blessed.

I am blessed for the law revealed the power of the grace of God.

It’s difficult being a Christian but it’s a lot better than living under the law.

God’s grace is sufficient.

No comments: