Thursday, August 2, 2007

Exodus 25-31

Exo 31:16 The people of Israel are to keep this day as a sign of the covenant.
Exo 31:17 It is a permanent sign between the people of Israel and me, because I, the LORD, made heaven and earth in six days, and on the seventh day I stopped working and rested."
Exo 31:18 When God had finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two stone tablets on which God himself had written the commandments.

I was reading these chapters of the exodus and just like the last verses I can’t make anything out of it. The chapters talked about building these and building that complete with specific measurements and rituals and priestly ornaments. But these traditions have served the people of God for so long but are they still useful and meaningful for Christians today?

But reading these chapters made me realize how God put order to the Israelites—through little things.

Maybe I can learn something from these chapters like making sure that little things are within Gods specifications like my Sunday school lesson plans, or my prayers, how I pray, who I pray, devotions etc. Little things that I take for granted little things like measurement of an altar, priestly garments, little things, those seemingly meaningless little things that if we add together becomes a tabernacle.

No comments: