Sunday, July 15, 2007

Exodus 6-12

Exo 6:6 So tell the Israelites that I say to them, 'I am the LORD; I will rescue you and set you free from your slavery to the Egyptians. I will raise my mighty arm to bring terrible punishment upon them, and I will save you.
Exo 6:7 I will make you my own people, and I will be your God. You will know that I am the LORD your God when I set you free from slavery in Egypt.
Exo 6:8 I will bring you to the land that I solemnly promised to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you as your own possession. I am the LORD.' "

The Lord saw the suffering of his people and He reminded the Israelite of his covenants with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Moses asked the Pharaoh to let the Israelites go but Pharaoh’s heart was hard just as the Lord told Moses. The Lord sent plagues to Egypt until the Pharaoh learned that he and his magicians were powerless against the Lord.

The Israelites celebrated the feast of pass over.

Exo 12:50 All the Israelites obeyed and did what the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron.
Exo 12:51 On that day the LORD brought the Israelite tribes out of Egypt.

No comments: