Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Deuteronomy 12

"Do not worship the LORD your God in the way that these people worship their gods.
Deu 12:4


God is to be worship in spirit and truth. Our God is a jealous. His jealousy is not the jealousy of a scorned lover; the Lord’s jealousy is the jealousy of a God who keeps his covenant. God continually seeks to remind me to keep his words in my heart, not to serve other masters but to serve the God alone.

I was listening to today’s sermon and I was reminded of how I sometimes forget to check motivations for serving God. I sometimes forget to ask myself, “is this really for God or is this for me?”

I have thought of shutting this blog down because I have not been posting for a long time. I am ashamed to admit but it’s easier to write about negative things than to tell of how God answers my prayers and how I sometimes receive blessings that I haven’t even asked for. God has continued to bless me even though I sometimes forget to acknowledge him for all His goodness.

No comments: