Monday, November 5, 2007

Numbers 36

These are the rules and regulations that the LORD gave the Israelites through Moses in the plains of Moab across the Jordan River from Jericho.

Num 36:13


Here ends my readings on the book of Numbers. Though I tried to keep my re-readings of the Bible daily, unfortunately and admittedly busi-ness and I admit laziness overcomes me most of the times. This my second time to reread the whole Bible from Genesis to Revelation and like the first time I did it, it’s proving to be a challenge especially with these O.T. books which deals mostly with rituals, rules, traditions, genealogies, histories and even genocide. It’s not fun reading these books but it has its moments.

1. The story of the exploration of Canaan by the twelve spies. A good story on minority report (not the movie of course).
2. The quail from the Lord. An ironic story.
3. The mutiny of Korah, Ditham and Abiram.
4. The Budding of Aaron’s staff. This is a good story on leadership. Those who challenged the leadership of the priesthood were silenced when they saw how the Lord made Aaron’s staff blossomed and fruit.
5. Balaam’s donkey.

These stories blessed me.

No comments: