Monday, October 8, 2007

Numbers 22

Num 22:28 Then the LORD gave the donkey the power of speech, and it said to Balaam, "What have I done to you? Why have you beaten me these three times?"
Num 22:29 Balaam answered, "Because you have made a fool of me! If I had a sword, I would kill you."
Num 22:30 The donkey replied, "Am I not the same donkey on which you have ridden all your life? Have I ever treated you like this before?" "No," he answered.
Num 22:31 Then the LORD let Balaam see the angel standing there with his sword; and Balaam threw himself face downward on the ground.
Num 22:32 The angel demanded, "Why have you beaten your donkey three times like this? I have come to bar your way, because you should not be making this journey.
Num 22:33 But your donkey saw me and turned aside three times. If it hadn't, I would have killed you and spared the donkey."

If God can use a donkey to convey his message, how much more for a saved sinner like me.

No comments: